A wide variety of resources are available to emerging Hawaii businesses. If you know of additional resources or would like to find out more about how your business might be able to partner with HREDV, please feel free to contact us.
1) Funding: Finding sources of grants, loan, and equity funding can be an important way to develop your technology or grow your business. Funding sources are often keyed to your “Technology Readiness Level” – this is likely to be a useful framework as you pursue funding.
2) Training: Increasing your business’s capacity through education and training is one of the most important ways to secure future customers and contracts.
3) Policy: Staying up-to-date on policy and regulatory changes will help you position your business in the market.
4) Technology Information: Being aware of the changing state of the art in clean energy can enhance your competitiveness.
In addition to the resources above, HREDV is committed to developing strategic partnerships among Hawaii entrepreneurs, mainland businesses, utilities, federal agencies, state government, and foreign companies and governments by:
- Engaging with companies looking to do business in Hawaii by providing consultation with key players involved with energy policies and investments.
- Facilitating business-to-business mentoring.
- Improving acquisition potential by investors and major purchasers of products and services.
- Providing collaborative assistance with U.S. Department of Energy program managers and technical staff from the DOE National Laboratories.